Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Project Management Professional : A new endeavour

It is June 15th 2011. Almost 4 days have gone by since I took the CISA certification exam (http://www.isaca.org/) and I was already itching to get on with something else. It was almost as if I had got addicted to reading and learning! Though the results are another 7 weeks away, I have decided to get on with my plans to prepare for another critical examination in professional circles, Project Management Institute's PMP (Project Management Professional) Qualification Examination. While I was looking around for some legitimate guide to exam preparation resources, I found a dire need for someone to share his/her experience for preparing for the exam. I wanted to know what resources they had, what strategies and plans people employed and what results their efforts brought them when they eventually took the test. Unfortunately, I could not come across a SINGLE resource ! Most of the sites were promoting their own "sure shot solution" to passing the PMP exam! I beg to differ. I do not want to just pass the exam and write those three magical letters suffixing my name. I was knowledge and I want to discover if PMP and the PMBOK actually helps me develop into a better manager.
So with that context in mind, I decided to start this blog to account for my day to day (hopefully) preparations for the exam which I plan to take in November 2011.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment